He did live demonstration of topical-Phaco(cataract surgery with injection) which was widely covered by the media way back in 1997(25th
Sept 1997, Times of India) . Since then he has done more than 100 live surgical demonstration of no injection, no stitch, no pad cataract surgery not only in India but in abroad also.
Dr Harbansh lal thus became first surgeon to start trend of no injection cataract surgery in north India.
His book on Phacoemulsification(Text & Atlas) is most read book in the country for mastering in cataract surgery. His two booklets – A Guide to Phacoemulsification and management of PCT where distributed to all the eye surgeons of the country by All India Ophthalmological Society – free of cost.
M.B.B.S. &M.S. (K.G.M.C, Lucknow )
- Treasurer, All India Ophthalmological Society since 2008 – 2014
- Co –Chairman, Department of Ophthalmological , Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Chairman, Department of CME, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Library Officer, Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Author, Mannual of Phaco Technique (Text and Atlas)
- Advisor and Visiting Phaco Specialist, Sitapur Eye Hospital
- President, Delhi Ophthalmological Society 2012-2013
- Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society 2005-07
- Member, Executive Committee, Indian Implant and Refractive Society
- Member, Executive Committee, Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Member, Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society
- Joint Secretary, All India Ophthalmological Society
- President, Rotary Club of Delhi, Rajendra Place
- Thesis Guide and DNB Teacher for 29 years
- A Guide to Phacoemulsification , AIOS, CME Series
More than 100 Live Surgical Workshops in DOS, AIOS and various state societies and medical college for last 20 years.
More than 150, in AIOS, DOS & Other state societies for last 21 years.
Publications: publications in JCRS.
As Secretary –
As President –
- DOS Annual Conference shifted to Hotel Ashok and added pre-conference live surgical workshop.
- Dinner became major culture evening with Sonu Nigam and Shan.
- DOS Times become all colored with perfect binding.
- DOS fixed deposit rose by unprecedented amount.
As Treasurer –
- Organized DOS international conference (I-DOS) for the first time.
- Revision of constitution.
- MOU with various state societies for exchange of faculty.
- APP: Academic Partnership Programme with industry for benefit of ophthalmology AIOS.
- On his suggestion Jaipur GBM accepted that sponsor money should come to AIOS then to be redistributed as per norms given by General Body. Just one change and AIOS and OSWB saved unprecedented funds, with the result at AIOC Ahmadabad there were no sponsored scientific session.
- Found collegiums and all other activities of the AIOS Comfortably.
- Started International Travel Fellowship with scoring system to make it transparent.
- Financial position of the society gained enough strength during my tenure as Treasurer that we are able to build our own AIOS Head Quarter.
- webcasting, hands on, meeting, developing state & international relationship and preserving history of Ophthalmology.
- AIOS to play stellar role in shaping the future of Ophthalmology in the era of medical revolution.
- Teaching and training programme for young Ophthalmologist.
- courses for established Practitioners.