Area of interest: Cataract, Refractive Surgery, Cornea, Anterior Segment, Ocular surface, and Lamellar Corneal Transplants
October 2015 – Present
January 2015 – June 2015
- Additional Director - Delhi Eye Centre
- Assistant Consultant - Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
July 2013-December 2014
- Clinical Associate - Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Visakhapatnam
January – June 2013
- Clinical fellow - Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad
September – October 2012
- Research Fellow Under the guidance of Dr. Virender Sangwan Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. She was a university topper in ophthalmology.
June – August 2012
- Observer, Cornea and anterior segment services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
June 2009 – June 2012
- Senior Resident, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
March 2008 - March 2009
- Junior Resident, MS Ophthalmology, Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Pt.B. D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.
- Intern, Nine months at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Three months of community medicine at Primary Health Centre Bulandshaher, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India
She is an expert in diagnosing and managing all corneal disorders such as infective keratitis, all types of corneal dystrophies and degenerations, pseudophakic and aphakic bullous keratopathy, keratoconus, refractive errors, dry eyes, vernal keratoconjunctivitis, ocular surface diseases such as Steven Johnsons Syndrome, Ocular Cicatricial pemphigoid, chemical injuries both acute and chronic stages, ocular inflammations including Peripheral ulcerative keratitis, scleritis, anterior uveitis.
A routine OPD includes performing procedures and investigations such as corneal scraping, cyanoacrylate glue application, Nd Yag capsulotomy, iridotomy.
Dr. Ikeda has very vast experience in cataract surgeries including phacoemulsification, including topical surgeries, small incision cataract surgery. She has performed over 5000 cases of Phacoemulsification under topical anaesthesia (only with numbing eye drops without injection, pad, and bandage). She is well experienced in managing all complicated cataract cases including uvetic, traumatic, paediatric cataracts as well as cataracts associated with corneal scars and a small pupil.
Refractive Surgery :
Dr. Ikeda Lal performed over 3000+ Lasik Surgeries
including SBK LASIK, C-LASIK (customized LASIK), iLASIK (Bladefree or Femto-LASIK + customized LASIK). She has vast experience in ICL surgeries and routinely performs both spherical and Toric ICL. We use imported ICL at our centre which gives us precise and accurate results.
Dr. Ikeda is an expert in managing corneal ectasias. We use the pentacam (advanced corneal topography system) to diagnose keratoconus and imported Collagen cross linking treatment system to prevent progression of disease. The treatments offered include C3R (collagen cross linking), INTACS ( intracorneal ring segments for stabilisation of cornea and better visual acuity), C3R + PRK , RGP/Corneal/Rose K/Miniscleral contact lenses, DALK ( Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty) and full thickness keratoplasty. The treatment is customised individually for each patient to help them achieve optimal visual outcome.
- Penetrating keratoplasties: She has successfully performed 400 keratoplasties (including therapeutic, optical PKs, PK with cataract surgery, IOL exchange, regrafts, paediatric PKs) and she is well experienced in managing all complications postoperatively.
- Lamellar Keratoplasties: Dr. Ikeda has performed 215 Descemet's Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasties (DSEK), 100 Deep Anterior lamellar Keratoplasties (DALK), 120 Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasties (ALK).
- Patch grafts: She is experienced in operating for indications like infective keratitis, Mooren’s ulcer, tunnel infection.
- Ocular Trauma: She has performed over 500 corneal tear repairs, cataract surgery post corneal tear repair, foreign body removal from cornea and anterior chamber, amniotic membrane grafts for chemical injuries, cyanoacrylate glue, and anterior chamber formation for corneal perforations.