Area of interest:
Cornea and Anterior Segment, Ocular surface, Refractive Surgery, Lamellar Corneal Transplants
October 2015 – Present
January 2015 – June 2015
- Consultant - Delhi Eye Centre, New Delhi
- Associate Consultant - Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
July 2013-December 2014
- Clinical Associate - Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Visakhapatnam
January – June 2013
- Clinical fellow - Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad
September – October 2012
- Research Fellow Under the guidance of Dr. Virender Sangwan Cornea and Anterior Segment Services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
June – August 2012
- Observer, Cornea and anterior segment services, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
June 2009 – June 2012
- Senior Resident, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
March 2008 - March 2009
- Junior Resident, MS Ophthalmology, Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Pt.B. D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.
- Inter, Nine months at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Three months community medicine at Primary Health Centre Bulandshaher, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India
She is expert in diagnosing and managing all corneal disorders such as infective keratitis, all types of corneal dystrophies and degenerations, pseudophakic and aphakic bullous keratopathy , keratoconus, refractive errors, dry eyes, vernal keratoconjunctivitis, ocular surface diseases such as Steven Johnsons Syndrome, Ocular Cicatricial pemphigoid, chemical injuries both acute and chronic stages, ocular inflammations including Peripheral ulcerative keratitis, scleritis, anterior uveitis.
A routine OPD includes performing procedures and investigations such as corneal scraping, cyanoacrylate glue application, Nd Yag capsulotomy, iridotomy.
Cataract: Dr Ikeda has experience in cataract surgeries including phacoemulsification (approximately 350 cases), including topical surgeries, small incision cataract surgery (approximately 350 cases). She is well trained in managing all complicated cataract cases including uvetic, traumatic, paediatric cataracts as well as cataracts associated with corneal scars and small pupil.
- Penetrating keratoplasties: She has successfully performed 100 keratoplasties (including therapeutic, optical PKs, PK with cataract surgery, IOL exchange, regrafts, paediatric PKs) and I am comfortable in managing them post operatively.
- Lamellar Keratoplasties: Dr Ikeda has performed 25 Descemets Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasties (DSEK), 10 Deep Anterior lamellar Keratoplasties (DALK), 2 Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasties (ALK).
- Patch grafts: She is trained in operating for indications like infective keratitis, Mooren’s ulcer, tunnel infection.
- Ocular Trauma: She has performed over 70 corneal tear repairs, cataract surgery post corneal tear repair, foreign body removal from cornea and anterior chamber, amniotic membrane grafts for chemical injuries, cyanoacrylate glue and anterior chamber formation for corneal perforations.