For many glasses or contact lens wearers, there comes a time when they say enough is enough and they start considering LASIK. This is also when people start to wonder if now a good time to consider LASIK Laser eye surgery is.
When is the time for LASIK
- You want to improve the quality of life: There is no better time to have LASIK that now. The sooner you have the procedure, the more years you have to enjoy the unique benefits it brings for you. Regardless of the age, experiencing the freedom of life after LASIK is worth it when you are having problems with eye and are wearing glasses or lens.
- You are planning a vacation: If you are planning a vacation with your friends or family, contact lenses or glasses can be bothersome. You have to pack content lens solution with yourself and also plan to carry with you contacts for the duration of your vacation. But it you run out obtaining the contacts abroad is a bit challenging task. Also the lens wearer how dry the eyes become especially during the travel. Like many glass wearers you may not have those extra pair of glasses during your trip.
LASIK is a great option so you can travel without any kind of worries about your glasses and your contacts.
- When you are just done with glasses and contacts: There are many other reason that people state they are just done with glasses and contacts as a viable vision correction solution.
- Contact lens-induced infection
- Broken or misplaced glasses
- Not able to make out things properly when you wake up
- Activities like scuba diving, swimming, running, exercising are hindered by glasses and also contact lens.
- Tired of spending money year-after-year on glasses and contacts
With LASIK an option for vision correction, glasses and contacts are really just a temporary form of vision correction and costly one over the time period.
When may LASIK have to wait?
- During pregnancy: As most of the women who are pregnant tell us that hormonal imbalances caused by pregnancy extend beyond morning sickness. Many experiences changes in the eyesight, blurriness to distant vision, some also notice a shift from nearsightedness to farsightedness in extreme cases. Also, hormonal changes cause dry eyes. LASIK can be considered after the delivery when the vision is more stable.
- Your eyes are still changing: Sometimes even after the age of 18, there are hormonal changes and the body is not done growing so LASIK can be unfit in such circumstances. The best way is you see a LASIK expert analyze whether your eyes are stable enough for LASIK surgery.
- If you have a persistent and untreated eye condition: People often face drying of eyes. These symptoms are usually treatable with over-the-counter wetting drops, and people can still be considered for LASIK. However some persistent and difficult to treat dry eye syndrome may prevent LASIK from being an option. So the better option would be to visit a LASIK center for consultation.