As you all know exercise is very beneficial for everyone because it tones your body and provides other health benefits. Exercise makes you feel fresh and provides you energy. As exercise is good for all parts of your body, it is good for your eyes too. With the help of regular exercise, you can maintain your vision too. Most of the problems start just because of high blood pressure. If your blood pressure is controlled then you will be far away from eye problems and again to control blood pressure, regular exercise and a healthy diet is required. Exercise reduces stress and most of the eye problems start because of stress. Many researches have proven that with the help of exercise many eye problems like cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal vein occlusion are easy to cure.
- Glaucoma is a problem which is generally caused in the age of 40 years. Regular check up is must in this age as there are more chances of occurrence of glaucoma. This problem is caused because of high blood pressure and with exercises & yoga it can be cured.
- Retinal vein occlusion is a cardiovascular disease caused because of hypertension. It generally occurs in the age of 60’s 70’s. In this problem, you lose your some part of your vision. Exercise is very helpful in preventing the cardiovascular disease. With balanced exercise, problems like hypertension can be cured.
Firstly you should not undergo any exercise without doctor recommendation. It is very important to concern the exercise with doctor in case of eyes otherwise you can lose eyesight. You should do general exercise for at least 30 min per day as it will help you maintaining weight; you will feel fresh, reduce stress, make you active and help you in maintaining blood pressure as blood pressure is main reason of eye problems. Exercises are helpful in making muscles strong. Stretching is very helpful in making muscles strong and improves eyesight. You should do stretching after finishing the exercises.
- Close your eyes with palm and apply light pressure on them with cupped palm. With this tear, film will spread in over your eyes.
- Soak one towel in hot water and one towel in cold water. Place hot towel on face and then alternatively place cold towel and repeat it. This will stimulate the skin and skin around eyes.
- Exercise with thumb; place your thumb in front of your eyes. Keep it near your eyes and then move far from eyes slowly and repeat the process